Our growing company has been in the sign business since 1995. We are based in Calgary, are members of the Better Business Bureau of Southern Alberta and have been the recipient of the Consumer’s Choice Award for Business Excellence in the “Sign” category for 19 consecutive years. We are also members of the Alberta Sign Association, The Sign Association of Canada and the International Sign Association. We take pride in our involvement in our community, just as we do with our customers. “Speed and Quality” is our slogan, but customer satisfaction is our lifeline.
We are currently looking for an EXPERIENCED Sign/Awning Fabricator to join our team.
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities:
- Handling heavy loads, physically demanding, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching & kneeling.
- Must be ready and willing to work with a variety of materials
- Must be able to handle heavy lifting.
Characteristics & Essential Skills:
- Common Sense
- reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, problem-solving, job task planning and organizing.
- Significant use of memory.
- Must work well with others in a small business environment.
- Must be receptive to direct instructions but still be an independent & creative thinker.
- Good hand-eye coordination is very important.
- Experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right person, provided you are a fast learner.
- Mechanical ability is definitely an asset, as metal, electric, and vinyl work is required daily.
Experience or knowledge related to the following is required:
- Power & Hand tools.
- Light and heavy equipment operation and trailers.
- Basic building construction knowledge.
- Sheet metal work experience an asset.
- Welding experience an asset.
- Vinyl application skills an asset.
- Awning fabrication/fabric stretching an asset.
This is a Full-Time position offering competitive wages, guaranteed hours and a company bonus incentive program.
If you would like to become a part of our winning team, please send a full resume for immediate consideration to Janelle at [email protected].