Shop Foreman – Shop Foreman
Blanchett Neon is currently seeking a Shop Foreman to join our industry-leading team of professionals in Edmonton, AB.
This is a full-time position in a custom manufacturing facility, and the successful candidate will serve in an intermediate role between workers and the production coordinator.
The Shop Foreman is responsible for the smooth and safe operation of their team, including planning & supervising day-to-day manufacturing operations and meeting and/or exceeding production targets of productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Overseeing department outcomes to ensure overall timelines are met
- Providing feedback and interpretation of shop drawings.
- Identifying a need for, and conducting on-the-job training.
- Evaluating and ensuring the quality of work and finished products.
- Resolving disputes and issues between workers.
- Maintaining or exceeding work standards, including housekeeping and all other operational requirements.
- Conducting regular quality inspections.
- Ensure finished displays are ready and available for installation.
- Identifying time and material efficiencies.
- Stay current on manufacturing techniques and equipment.
- Promote a safe working environment and ensuring that team members are complying with safety regulations.
- Understand and stay up to date on all occupational and safety laws.
- 2-3 years experience in a leadership position in a similar manufacturing environment required – specifically Sheet Metal or custom fabrication.
- Strong knowledge of all systems within the Custom Sheet Metal trade.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Custom product manufacturing experience.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, Scheduling Software, and Inventory management software.
- Experienced in maintaining a COR-status safety program.
- Holds current Standard First Aid.
- Ability to Lift up to 50lbs.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiar with a Union Environment
- Competent in Conflict Resolution.
- A high level of organizational skills.
- Pursues continual improvement.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
Why Work for Us?
- Edmonton-based, family-owned and operated company with over 70 years of success.
- Full Benefits Package and RRSP program after the probationary period.
- Opportunities for Advancement and Personal Development.
Blanchett would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$42.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Metal Fabrication: 5 years (preferred)
- Supervisory: 3 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Please apply on indeed here or send your resume to Chris (firstname.lastname@example.org).