Our growing company has been in the sign industry since 1995. ASAP Signs Inc. is based in Calgary, a member of the Better Business Bureau of Southern Alberta and has been the recipient of the Consumer’s Choice Award for Business Excellence in the Sign category for 15 consecutive years. We are also part of the Alberta Sign Association, the Sign Association of Canada and the International Sign Association. We take pride in our involvement in our community – just as we do with our customers. “Speed and Quality” is our slogan, but client satisfaction is our lifeline.
We are currently looking for a Sign/Awning Fabricator to join our team. We are looking for people who want long-term stability with our company.
• Must have experience in sign fabrication
• Mechanical ability is definitely an asset, as metal, electric, and vinyl work is required daily
• A valid Class 5 drivers license is considered an asset.
• Experience or knowledge of the following related to sign fabrication is required:
o Power and hand tools
o Light and heavy equipment operation and trailers
o Basic building construction knowledge
o Vinyl application skills
o Awning fabrication/fabric stretching an asset
o Sheet metal work experience an asset
o Basic welding skills will be considered an asset
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities:
• Handling heavy loads, physically demanding, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
• Must be ready and willing to work with a variety of materials.
• Must be able to handle heavy lifting.
Characteristics & Essential Skills:
• Common Sense
• Communication Skills: reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, problem solving, job task planning and organizing
• Significant use of memory
• Must work well with others in a small business environment
• Must be receptive to direct instructions but still be an independent and creative thinker
• Good hand eye coordination is very important
• Excellent time management skills.
Compensation ranges depending on related experience, from minimum wage for someone with no experience that needs full training to $24.00 per hour for someone with specific sign fabrication experience.
We are currently seeking candidates with experience.
• This is a full-time position with guaranteed hours
• Competitive wages
• Bonus incentive program is also available for high-preforming employees
If you would like to become a part of our winning team, please submit your full resume for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org