FIVE $1000 scholarships!
Scholarship Criteria for The ASA Scholarship Fund
Purpose: The Alberta Sign Association Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to students enrolled in post-secondary education.
Applicant Requirements: The students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled full-time or part-time in an accredited post-secondary institution with a minimum of a 50% course load.
- Immediate relative to an employee of a sign shop in Alberta that is a member in good standing of the Alberta Sign Association and/or
- Working and or interning for a sign shop in Alberta that is a member in good standing of the Alberta Sign Association
- Applicants must submit a 500-word essay on how they are affiliated with the ASA, why they want the scholarship and how the scholarship will be used.
Selection Criteria: The Board of Directors will select from qualified applicants at their sole discretion based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- The financial need of the applicant
- Preference will be given to applicants that have not received a scholarship from the ASA before
- Preference will be given to those taking courses that are related to the sign industry
Guidelines: Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and will be paid out by May 30th of each year. The students who have been selected to receive a scholarship must submit their first-term marks. Students must maintain a passing grade in all their courses.
Amount: There are five scholarships available per year, and each scholarship awarded will be for the amount of $1,000.00.
Deadline: The application deadline is February 16, 2024 of the current school year. The deadline is the date after which applications will no longer be accepted. The Alberta Sign Association Board of Directors uses the postmarked date to determine mailed entries.
Please submit applications by February 16, 2024, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Alberta Sign Association
ATTN: ASA Scholarship Fund
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 2T3