Proud of your sign design work? Show us what you’ve got!
At our 2015 Sign Industry Trade Show, the Alberta Sign Association will showcase some of the best sign designs in our industry. The ASA’s Sign Design Competition recognizes excellence in the sign industry for talented and creative sign designers. Sign design is a unique skill that involves an artistic eye and a command of spatial concepts and application. Winners will be selected and awards presented at the Trade Show, on Friday, June 19th at 5:00pm.
- Illuminated Freestanding signs
- Illuminated Building Mounted signs (i.e. channel letters, fascia signs, awnings, neon, etc.)
- Non-illuminated signs of all types (i.e. banners, cut out letters, 3D displays, plaques, engraved signs, etc.)
- Vehicle graphics
- The sign(s) must have been completed and installed in 2014/2015
- The company submitting artwork must be a current member of the Alberta Sign Association
- There can be multiple entries per company, there is no cost to enter
- Format (All entries should be submitted in the following format):
- Designs may be illustrated, computer generated, or use a combination of the two techniques.
- Sign designs should be submitted printed on 8 ½”x11” minimum format. Artwork can be mounted onto 22”x28” poster board however this is not a requirement. Participants are to drop their entries off at:
C/O Brad Taylor
A2 6120 2nd Street, S.E.
C/O Harvey Guhl
1215 – 70 Avenue NW
- Entries may (but are not required to) include: Specifications, fabrication photos, photos of completed installation
- All entries must be received at no later than 4:00pm on June 5, 2015.
No late entries will be accepted
- A panel of 3 impartial judges will comprise judging for all the artwork submitted
- Each judge will assign a score of 1 to 10 based on the following criteria:
- Professional quality and appearance
- Inventive use of materials and technology
- Overall creativity in presentation
- Legibility and impact of logos/typestyles
- Practical use of the design
- The winning entries will be highest of the combined scores of all three judges
- Each category will be awarded a 1st place prize and an Honorable Mention
- 1st Place and Honorable Mention prizes will be awarded plaques
- Entries will be judged by three representatives from the Sign Association of Canada, upon their arrival at the Trade Show. All entries will be on display for the duration of the Trade Show, and awards will be presented starting at 5:00pm in the Trade Show venue during Happy Hour.
All entries will become property of the Alberta Sign Association. The ASA reserves the right to display and publish reproductions of these designs for the promotion of the industry. ASA further reserves the right to terminate this contest or to substitute prizes.