Date Posted: January 24, 2024
Sales Specialist, Sign and Display
Backed by a fifth-generation family-owned company, Spicers is a leading distributor of commercial print and business
papers, specialty products, graphic solutions, sign & display equipment and materials, and packaging and facility
supplies and equipment.
We’re based in Vaughan, Ontario, with 19 regional locations that include custom manufacturing facilities in Edmonton,
Toronto and Winnipeg, as well as cash and carry locations, product showrooms and equipment demo sites.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time Sales Specialist, Sign and Display in Edmonton, AB reporting to the
Western Canadian Sales Manager, Graphic Systems Group.
The Sales Specialist, Sign and Display is responsible for the sales of media, equipment and products to customer and
end-users. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for training customers and internal staff on product solutions,
trends and pricing; evaluating new media, product or services in collaboration with the team; testing media and
products for market acceptance; troubleshooting any issues on the customer side in media non-performance and
equipment non-performance; and offering solutions to customers.
Under the supervision of the Western Canadian Sales Manager, Graphic Systems Group, the duties and
responsibilities of the Sales Specialist, Sign and Display include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Achieve or exceed the sales and gross profit dollar targets set during forecasting sessions;
• Expand current customer reach in addition to expanding new customers, new market segments;
• Educate customers on current and new products/trends, promotions and additional relevant information;
• Gather and record information systematically regarding present and potential clients in order to provide better
account metrics and market share growth;
• Evaluate accounts and products to ensure maximum business potential;
• Provide management with any pertinent developments with respect to our or our competitor’s markets,
products, services, people and recommendations as necessary;
• Develop sales forecasts and product pricing for the applicable geographical market;
• Stay abreast of developments in the fields of selling, marketing, media products, sign and display technology
• Other duties as assigned.
• Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field;
• 5 years of sales experience and preferably with sign and display industry;
• Experience in the sign and display or graphic arts;
• Product knowledge of wide format medias and fabrics;
• Strong knowledgebase on equipment used within the industry i.e. digital wide format printers;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong creative abilities;
• Strong organization and time-management skills;
• Punctual, dependable, and reliable;
• Excellent teamwork and ability to work independently;
• Self-directed and self-motivated; and
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Ability to travel locally and throughout Northern Alberta;
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle;
• Ability to work in a busy, open area office;
• May have to spend long hours in concentration which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
• Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Please inform your immediate supervisor and forward your resume to Human Resources by Feb 1, 2024. To apply
for this position, you must have completed one year at Spicers Canada ULC in the same job capacity.
Spicers Canada ULC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all interested parties. Spicers Canada is able
to offer accommodations to potential candidates and new employees during the recruitment and selection process
and encourages individuals who may require accommodations to contact email@example.com or 905-265-5000.