The Objectives of the Alberta Sign Association are:
- to nurture a unified professional image
- to promote the exchange of ideas between provincial and state associations and to provide representation
- to present a unified front in transactions with all levels of government.
The Standards of the Association call for members:
- to promote safe work practices
- to encourage the training and development of employees
- to meet or exceed the guidelines of the Canadian Electrical Code
- to maintain an image or reputation which will favorably affect public opinion of the Association and other members
- to adhere to the laws of the land
In addition to the benefits the Sign Association of Canada offers, the Alberta Sign Association has four additional programs to offer its members.
- City of Edmonton Engineering Drawings and seals, required by the city and available to members only.
- Discounts on the provincially required Alberta Electrical Sign Certification course, and the Boom Truck Safety Course.
- 10% Marks Work Warehouse Discount Cards for all members.